So last weekend's date night was an "EPIC FAIL." Uh-oh!
That's why Dave and Teri Ann are here to help, with a little assist from Reddit, who asked users to share "unspoken rules of dating" and got tons of responses. Here are five we thought you might want to consider.
1. Your standards shift based on how attracted you are to someone. Much as we'd all like to think that a date's looks don't matter, they obviously do. Specifically, you'll put up with someone you're physically attracted to a lot more than someone you are not. (That's why it's better to be Sophia Vergara or Rob Lowe that is to be us.)
2. Dating success often comes down to dumb luck. One user said, "A lot of people look at dating as a science with calculations, facts and figures. Not true. It boils down to luck and timing. See and be with lots of people to increase your chances. Timing really is everything!"
3. Everybody "plays games"...EVEN YOU. Whether fighting over the bill or waiting to admit your feelings until the other person does first. We're all playing at one point or another. Just keep playing.
4. Dating will always suck at some point. Whether or not you're happy being single, the process of dating is stressful and things rarely work out immediately. Patience!
5. Nobody is completely themselves on the first date. While it's always best to be honest with a potential new partner, everyone has certain cards that they play close to the vest and it's logical to believe that putting everything out there right away is not the best policy.
Happy hunting! DaveT